Quality Assurance Coordinator
Internal Title: Patient Support Associate
External Title: Quality Assurance Coordinator
Part-time position working approximately 20 hours per week. This position may be eligible to work remotely after a training period.
The mission of Healthcare for the Homeless - Houston is to promote health, hope and dignity for those affected by homelessness through accessible and comprehensive quality care. In 2020, Healthcare for the Homeless – Houston (HHH) is proud to celebrate 20 years of service to the Houston Community! Over the course of the last two decades, HHH has provide care for more than 100,000 men and women without stable housing – and have helped combat homelessness through access to health.
The Patient Support Associate (PSA) will be directly responsible for monitoring and documenting quality assurance activities along with supporting the Health Resources and Services Administration's requirements for Federally Qualified Health Centers, and NCQA Primary Care Medical Home requirements for a multi-site primary care practice for individuals experiencing homelessness or housing instability. The PSA gathers data needed to maintain the Quality Management System of Healthcare for the Homeless-Houston (HHH) and contributes to reporting clinical quality and business performance metrics. The PSA assists in maintaining up-to-date credentialing files for the providers and the practice. This position is directly accountable to the Director of Clinical Operations for all administrative and work related matters.
- Develops and maintains databases and data forms.
- Tracks and reviews data in Electronic Health Record.
- Oversees the filing and maintenance of QA records.
- Monitors protocol compliance and documentation.
- Manages and tracks clinical credentialing documentation and other training for staff members.
- Assists in preparing for outside audit/monitoring visits and collects relevant data.
- Develops QA monitoring process and maintains annual calendar of QA activities.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and changes to QA protocols, procedures and practice as needed by changes in regulations.
- Assists with the development and modification of Policies and Procedures based on QA data.
- Provides coaching on QA documentation and data gathering to staff members directly responsible for entering data.
- May assist with staff members to collect relevant documentation.
- Maintains collegial, professional relationships across all units of HHH.
- Researches and recommends solutions to problems with QA activities, credentialing and record keeping.
- Maintains and provides assistance with the interpretation of various reports and forms.
- Understands, interprets and explains data collected for QA.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston