Research Coordinator II
The Research Coordinator II position at the Center for Cell and Gene Therapy will be responsible for the research data management activities of stem cell transplant patients treated at the Houston Methodist Hospital. This position will validate data for accuracy and report patient outcomes to the Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR) registry. The Research Coordinator II will be responsible for the collection and timely data submissions of case report forms to the registry and will meet target goals for continuous process improvement (CPI) established by CIBMTR. This position will maintain regulatory documents, assist with audits and enroll research participants into CIBMTR studies.
- Collect patient information and completing case report forms within established deadlines.
- Maintains databases and spreadsheets to track patient diseases.
- Communicates with patients for post transplant follow-ups.
- Participates in CIBMTR audits and inspections.
- Ensures reports and documents are compliant with regulatory regulations and CIBMTR guidelines.
- Develops research charts for assigned patients and ensures complete source documentation.
- Meets the Continuing Performance Improvement (CPI) targets set by the CIBMTR for the submission of completed forms.
- Responsible for the submission of research samples to the lab and maintains appropriate lab paperwork.
- Orders supplies to support research projects and maintains the inventory of supplies for upcoming projects.
- Assists in training new staff.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Proficient in generating excel spreadsheets.
- Preferred bilingual (for communicating with international transplant patients).
- Works with the transplant physicians to ensure the scientific integrity and accuracy of the transplant and cellular therapy data reported.
- This position is responsible for the complete, accurate and
timely submission of stem cell transplant data and cellular therapy
data to the CIBMTR (Center for International Blood and Marrow
- The Research Coordinator II will review patients’ source
documents for survival and disease outcomes on patients treated at
the Houston Methodist Hospital.
- Accurate and timely reporting to the CIBMTR is key in
supporting research that has led to increased survival for
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.