Assistant Professor in Physical or Analytical Chemistry
Position Title Assistant Professor in Physical or Analytical Chemistry Job Posting Number 202112FAC Job Location San Marcos Department Chemistry and Biochemistry Position Description
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Texas State University seeks to fill a tenure-track position at the assistant professor level in the area of physical or analytical chemistry. The successful candidate will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in his/her expertise to meet the teaching needs of the department and establish/maintain an externally funded, nationally recognized research program involving undergraduate and graduate students. All positions are subject to availability of funds.
• A Ph. D. in chemistry or a closely related field.
• Postdoctoral or equivalent research experience.
• A record of peer-reviewed publications.
• The ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in physical or analytical chemistry.
• A strong publication record that demonstrates the ability to conduct high level research.
• Potential to establish an externally funded, nationally recognized research program.
• Research expertise/interests that complement the department’s mission/needs.
• Capability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in physical or analytical chemistry.
• Ability to effectively mentor chemistry and biochemistry undergraduate and graduate students.
• Potential to contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community through teaching, research, mentorship and service.
Review of applications begins December 2, 2020, and will continue until the position is filled. Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33780 .
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following by December 1, 2020:
• Cover Letter: Summarize relevant experience, research area and how this complements the department, and teaching interests.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Research Interests: A description of research plans (up to 5 pages).
• Statement of Teaching Interests: Description of teaching interests and experience and how you will approach teaching at Texas State University (no more than 1 page).
• Inclusion and Diversity Statement: A description of how you will contribute to the development of a diverse and inclusive learning community through teaching, research, mentorship, and service (no more than 1 page).
• Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts
• List of three references
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date Fall 2021 Open Date Review Date 12/02/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled? Yes Legal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33780 Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statements of Teaching Interests
- Inclusion and Diversity Statement
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- List of References
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter 'NA' if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos