Assistant Professor in Latinx Literature
Position Title Assistant Professor in Latinx Literature Job Posting Number 202113FAC Job Location San Marcos Department English Position Description
Successful applicant expected to demonstrate and maintain active record of publication and to teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in area of specialization. In addition to Latinx literature, teaching assignments may include courses within candidate’s other areas of interest, with preference given to the ability to teach literature of other under-represented groups such as, but not limited to, literatures of Indigenous Peoples of the Americas or Caribbean literatures. Teaching assignment to include core English courses, such as introductory literature surveys.
In addition to offering a range of classes, the department is also seeking to build its offerings in Children’s Literature and Film and Media studies, as well as strengthening its connection to the university’s Latina/o Studies Minor. All positions are subject to availability of funds. Appointment begins Fall 2021.
• Ph.D. in English or closely related field that meets accreditation requirements (minimum 18 graduate hours in English), with degree completed at time of appointment.
• Specialization in Latinx literature.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence.
• Background and/or experience commensurate with the position of assistant professor and sufficient to teach graduate courses in Latinx literature.
• Demonstrated ability in scholarly research on Latinx literature and culture.
• Ability to teach literature of other under-represented groups including, but not limited to, literatures of Indigenous Peoples of the Americas or Caribbean literatures.
• Experience in mentoring and advising minority and under-represented students.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34004 . For full consideration, please submit the following by November 13, 2020: 1) a letter of application, 2) current curriculum vitae, 3) contact information for three references, and 4) two-page teaching philosophy.
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date Fall 2021 Open Date Review Date 11/13/2020 Close Date 11/13/2020 Open Until Filled? No Legal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34004 Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts (all in one document)
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter 'NA' if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- American Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- English & Literature Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos
- Ethnic & Multicultural Studies Not specified Full Time jobs in San Marcos