Senior Research Analyst (S03255)
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitleSenior Research Analyst (S03255)
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, located in Rockville, MD, has an immediate need for a Full-time Senior Research Analyst in the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm. This position is non-bargaining and exempt. Montgomery College is currently working and teaching in a remote status until further notice.
The Senior Research Analyst will procure, examine, analyze, interpret, and present data and information for decision making purposes and enhance institutional effectiveness. This data and information are used to prepare and publish written analytical reports with decision making implications to the College and external agencies. The analysis of this data and information is presented with relevant implications for the constituent groups.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Utilize knowledge of social science research and sources of available data, and propose and implement appropriate research methodologies.
- Design and conduct research studies to evaluate the current status of specific program areas and/or special programs, track trends over time and provide data and information for planning future directions.
- Utilize appropriate statistical procedures and techniques to assure the accuracy of the extracted data from MC Banner System, the Data Warehouse, and other data sources.
- Prepare research results, create comprehensive reports including observations and implications, and present results to constituents.
- Classify incoming students according to the results of assessment testing or other criteria. Data is to be extracted, transformed, analyzed for use in reports to Montgomery College constituents, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, Montgomery County government and the Montgomery County Public School system.
- Identify and provide detailed data and information about students who have attempted and/or completed preparatory coursework.
- Respond to requests for data and information from faculty, staff, administrators and others.
- Work closely with the ACES program to produce the fall and spring semester snapshots, annual report, and new metrics as they are developed. This includes disaggregated data on students in the ACES program at Montgomery College.
- Work closely with the Grants unit of the College to provide data and information for a wide range of current grants and new grants submissions.
- Active participation in the College's Data Asset Management process.
- Serve as a member of the Montgomery College Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- Master's degree in a social science related program such as Psychology and Sociology, Communications, Business or equivalent.
- Formal training in research design, statistics, presentation, analysis, and interpretation of data in context.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in querying and retrieving information from large databases, working with relational databases, and data analysis and presentation of results in tabular, narrative, and graphical formats.
- Demonstrated competence with statistical analysis software (SAS, SPSS or equivalent), Excel, Access, Power Point, Word and Publisher.
- Knowledge of principles of research design, parametric and non-parametric statistical analysis techniques.
- Consultative skills with internal and external constituents (e.g., administrators, faculty, staff, students, public school systems, colleges and universities, state and local government).
- Knowledge and ability to extract data and use appropriate data analysis procedures.
- Ability to tabulate, graphically depict, and provide a written analysis/narrative of research result.
- Ability to critically analyze original and secondary data sources
- Attention to detail with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- Prior work experience in a higher education environment working with academic and administrative constituents.
- Knowledge or experience in programming and SQL.
- Submit a cover letter and resume with your online application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachments.
Salary Range: $71,928 to $93,496 (annually). Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range.
- Online applications must be received by October 27, 2020.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Closing DateTuesday, October 27, 2020
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville