Research Analyst (S13119)
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitleResearch Analyst (S13119)
Job Description SummaryMontgomery College, located in Rockville, MD, has an immediate need for a full-time Research Analyst in the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness. The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. This is a non-bargaining, exempt position. Montgomery College is currently working and teaching in a remote status until further notice.
The research analyst designs, procures and performs statistical and technical analysis of data for institutional projects to support the College in decision-making. Extracts appropriate data from the Banner System, Data Warehouse, and other data sources for institutional reporting and publication. Consults with clients to plan and design reports to their specification. Utilizes various software for data extraction, analysis and presentation of results.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and conduct research studies.
- Create specific recurrent reports.
- Develop, maintain and document specifications to generate data
and information for recurrent reporting.
- Respond to national external surveys.
- Extract data to produce detailed student enrollment information
by residence and eligibility for state-aid reporting.
- Respond to adhoc requests for data and information.
- Maintain the office website.
- Bachelor's degree in a field requiring analytical research
- Demonstrated competence in data extraction/querying and
statistical analysis software
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in Website
maintenance, querying large datasets, working with relational
databases, data analysis, and presentation of results.
- Experience producing and generating reports for leadership
- Experience with Office 365 software.
- Strong oral and technical writing skills.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the
United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- A master's degree or higher in a discipline requiring research
training or programming training.
- Knowledge and experience in programming and SQL.
- Submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Include dates of employment in your application or
Salary Range: $65,352 to $84,968 annually. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity. New hires do not typically start beyond the mid-point of the range.
- Online applications must be received by October 27, 2020.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Closing DateTuesday, October 27, 2020
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Research Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville