Laboratory Coordinator - Radiography
LABORATORY COORDINATOR - RADIOGRAPHY MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Join our team of passionate educators as we provide students with the knowledge and skills in the art and science of producing quality radiographs for diagnosis and treatment of disease. The Lab Coordinator will be responsible for enhancing student knowledge and skills in the radiography program by ensuring proper inventory of laboratory supplies and maintenance of equipment and assists faculty in fulfilling academic and program needs.
Malcolm X College is the healthcare hub of City Colleges of Chicago and offers a variety of health sciences programs that prepare students to pursue a four-year degree or advance in a career. Malcolm X College is the birthplace of City Colleges and continues its evolution as a Medical/Health Science leader with the recent opening of a new $251 Million state-of-the art Health Science facility.
- Coordinates lab environment and activities to supplement subject lessons and techniques, and provides direction in the facilitation and enhancement of students' laboratory experiences.
- Ensures that students adhere to safety policies.
- Demonstrates a variety of Health Science techniques, patient care skills, laboratory procedures, and provides evaluation of students' performance.
- Organizes and checks laboratory equipment and supply items to ensure proper maintenance, function, and inventory levels.
- Reports equipment failure to supervisor and prepares requisition slips as needed.
- Secures, sets-up, and maintains various instructional resources for classroom and laboratory use.
- Advises current and prospective students about the Health Science program.
- Provides additional laboratory scheduling and assists students during open lab hours for review or practice of laboratory related aspects.
- Maintains student records and informs instructor of students' exam and laboratory grades for evaluative and remedial purposes.
- Assists with group tours, recruitment efforts, and prospective student interviews as necessary.
- Graduate of American Medical Association (AMA) accredited Radiography program
- Holds American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification or equivalent (i.e., unrestricted state license for the state in which the clinical setting is located).
- At least 3 years related experience in related Health Science field.
- Completion of continuing education units, for license renewal, as needed.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago