Web Application Developer
Join an agile, dynamic team to build front‐end systems with data-driven visualization to support space research projects. You will work closely with scientists, engineers, and other personnel to design, develop, integrate, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot web platform applications and tools.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) at the University of Colorado Boulder (CU) began in 1948, a decade before NASA. We are the world’s only academic research institute to have sent instruments to all eight planets and Pluto.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Experiment with new ways to visualize large amounts of data.
- Connect with scientists, information technology and data systems staff, end-users, and other partners to translate needs into system requirements, solid solutions, and reliable results.
What You Should Know
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Encouraged. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree or higher in physical science, computer science, or related field.
- At least 2 years of recent experience in web platform engineering.
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Angular, React, and/or Vue.
- Experience with data‐driven visualization, with a keen sense of information architecture and visual design.
- Experience working with agile methods and a disciplined approach to software development, testing, and quality assurance.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding problem-solving skills; adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Ability to work within a diverse team environment, but highly self‐motivated and able to work independently to manage multiple simultaneous job tasks with minimal direction.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with all classes of users.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience with visualization libraries, such as D3, Highcharts/Highstock, and Cesium.
- Experience with front‐end package managers such as npm or yarn and build/automation tools such as webpack.
- Strong understanding of web technologies, web APIs, and familiarity with Unix/Linux.
- Experience with Git version control system.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume/CV: Please include work samples with your application, such as URLs and an indication of your own involvement with the application.
- Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder