Web DevOps Engineer
Join the web team at LASP to support web applications for scientists, mission operators, and engineers working on NASA space science missions. This individual will provide operational support for our web servers and other system infrastructure, as well as supporting end users. We are looking for applicants who can communicate well with teams and users, learn quickly, and manage their time while multi-tasking.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics (LASP) is a University of Colorado space research lab at the Boulder campus. As an Institute of CU-Boulder, LASP is at the international forefront of space science research in solar, planetary, atmospheric, and space plasma physics. LASP’s record of excellence in space instrument and spacecraft construction, mission operations, and science data analysis for Earth, planetary, and deep space missions is supported by organizational expertise in space-flight electronics, mechanisms, detectors, and optics across a wide spectral range -- including sensors for energetic particle, dust, electric field, and magnetic field measurements.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Assist in developing and modernizing our existing infrastructure.
- Aid in the transition towards containerization and infrastructure as code.
- Implement Ansible roles and scripts related to the deployment of our web infrastructure.
- Implement and manage CI / CD jobs and tools using Jenkins and JJB.
- Support transition to highly available, redundant architecture.
- Support deployment, provisioning, and patch management for servers in production and development environments.
- Deploy, configure, and support Linux based software packages and operating systems.
- Manage and support certain web-based productivity tools.
- Review and solve issues involving system performance, configuration, restoration, applications, and software tools.
- Support developers in infrastructure buildout.
What You Should Know
- Occasional off-hours work.
- Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Courageous. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Bachelor's degree or higher in a physical science, computer science, or related field.
Professional experience in the following:
- Web servers / Proxy servers
- Containerization technologies
- Continuous integration
- Linux system administration
- Familiarity with command-line interfaces
- Managing software artifacts
- Configuration management tools
- Log management using Splunk
- Administration of web-based tools such as Splunk or Atlassian
What We Would Like You To Have
Experience with some of the following:
- Setting up and managing OIDC based authentication such as Keycloak
- Scripting, e.g., shell scripting and Python and other dynamic scripting languages
- Software engineering, network engineering, or database implementation
- Container management tools
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Physics & Space Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder