The Custodian II performs custodial duties appropriate to classification throughout the University as necessary and assigned by the Manager of Custodial & Administrative Services and the Director of Buildings & Grounds.
- Facilitate cleanliness of assigned area including but not limited to: hallways, stairwells, lounges, classrooms, offices, tenant areas following the specifics of the duty assignment sheet
- Fully complete daily checklist based on a duty assignment sheet
- Demonstrates general housekeeping skills and some aspects of floor care techniques and operation of floor care equipment.
- Attend all scheduled training sessions
- Maintain inventory of supplies issued to complete assigned jobs; keep closet clean and free from clutter
- Move furniture/equipment as necessary
- Assist in building, renovation, and remodeling projects on campus as necessary
- Perform other duties appropriate to position requirements as assigned by supervision
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements, exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
Manager of Custodial & Administrative Services, Director of Buildings & Grounds and department staff; students, university faculty and staff
Works under immediate supervision with work assignments reviewed at frequent intervals or at pre-determined times.
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Some high school; ability to read and write and perform simple numerical tasks
Six months related
- Exhibit a 'student/customer first' orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student needs and expectations; anticipate and identify student and other customer needs
- Collaborate well with others and help make Buildings & Grounds staff a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve common office or University goals
- Assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Buildings & Grounds area and Business/Finance Division as required during high service demand times including participating in mandatory overtime based on special events and university needs
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Must possess effective communication skills
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Floorcare, furniture moving, and lifting
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer