Adv Practice Registered Nurse
Classification Title: APRN - Pediatric Infectious Disease Job Description:
(1) Assesses and manages patients, including diagnostic and therapeutic interventions utilizing appropriate consultation and established protocols. Established plan of care with patient and family that maximizes health potential.
(2) Prescribes medications and/or recommends medications and treatments to patients to patients and performs procedures within the scope of practice for advanced nurse practitioner. Provides health education and utilizes community resource opportunities for the individual and/or family, including staff
(3) Facilitates patient participation in health and medical care providing information needed to make health decisions and choices (Collaborates with Physicians, Pharmacists, and other Medical Professionals). Participates as a team member in the provision of health and medical care, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care;
(4) Accurately documents patient information in EPIC EMR and adheres to policies regarding timeliness, compliance and confidentiality. Collects data; interprets lab, radiology, and pathology reports to formulate a diagnosis and progress in treatment.
(5) Contributes to the development, implementation, and expansion of programs and initiatives.
(6) Operates within the Scope of Practice for advanced nurse practitioner.
(7) Provides care to patients on research protocols. Explains research protocols to participants; responds to patient inquiries regarding protocol; schedules patient participation; ensures compliance with research protocols; informs referring physicians of protocol requirements. Discusses studies with patients and study coordinators, and answers questions as they arise. Facilitates patient consents. Identifies appropriate subject groups for research participation: determines eligibility, prepares Institutional Review Board applications, obtains informed consent, and enrolls patients in study; submits protocols to Institutional Review Board.
(8) Completes medical visits. Applies an advanced knowledge of a medical specialty area to assess patient reaction to treatment and/or medication and recommend course of action within the research parameters to the principal investigator.Provides quality monitoring for documentations of patient’s visits and adherence to protocol requirements.
(9) Assists research coordinators with completing CRFs/eCRFs.
(10) Serves as a resource to research coordinators. Serves as an advocate to all patients and assures their safety.
Expected Salary: $85,000 to $95,000 annually depending on education and experience.
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $68,200 Midpoint: $88,600 Upper Reference point: $109,000
Masters degree with a major in nursing or another health-related area. Licensed as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes.
1) Masters degree with appropriate training as a nurse practitioner from an accredited program.
2) Experience in Ambulatory care setting preferred.
3) HIV experience preferred. Experience with both children and adult patients.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position. Time limited positions are based on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length of time for which the position is available.
Background Check is Required.
To be considered you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and 3 References.
University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville: Visit this link to watch the video.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Pediatrics Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge