OPS Bus Driver
FGCU is seeking an experience and friendly driving professional for the important position of the Welcome Center Bus Driver. The bus driver will be responsible for assisting tour guides in driving tour groups and guests around campus; arranging for maintenance on the vehicle; performing daily vehicle checks; as well as other duties aligned with the position.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Assists tour guides in driving tour groups and guests around campus.
• Arranges maintenance of the vehicle.
• Performs daily vehicle checks.
• Maintains vehicle logs.
• Drives bus to transport visitors needing accommodations.
• Operates ADA equipment and tie downs.
• Maintains cleanliness of the bus.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Four years of experience driving a vehicle.
Valid Florida Class B driver’s license with passenger endorsement.
Previous shuttle/bus driving experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Skill in talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
• Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
• Ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals of varied ages, abilities, racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
• Ability to represent the university in a positive and professional manner.
• Ability to exercise good judgement.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
• Ability to display a positive and caring attitude, be self-motivated and sensitive to multicultural issues.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers