University Code 14231 University Title Community Engagement Education Specialist University Job Family Community Engagement & Outreach ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Local Working Title CRAFFT Coordinator Position Number 590890 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Social Work Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The School of Social Work invites applicants to apply to the Consortium for Resource Adoptive Foster Family Training ( CRAFFT ) to coordinate and deliver training in support of the CRAFFT initiative and to provide assistance to other regions on an as needed basis where staffing and funding permit collaborative events to occur at the request of the Virginia Department of Social Services ( VDSS ).
Incumbents responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Promote the safety, permanency, and well-being of children through the training of LDSS kinship, adoptive, and foster parents to meet the needs of children in Virginia’s child welfare system.
• Assist LDSS staff in obtaining the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to accomplish training goals.
• Develop and maintain a regional training plan, updated as needed, based on the results of the needs assessment.
• Conduct regularly scheduled regional roundtable meetings with LDSS staff and other key stakeholders to provide training and resources regarding resource parent development and support.
• Submit quarterly reports as required by VDSS, in format provided by VDSS, with an annual cumulative report at year-end.
• Travel to and from off campus locations in support of the CRAAFT Initiative
Please note this position is restricted and continued employment is dependent upon the availability of grant funding.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Knowledge of the basic missions functions and organizational structure of VDSS and LDSS, legislative mandates, and administrative priorities related to Title IV-E programs and initiatives.
• Expertise in training child welfare (foster, adoptive and resource parent training).
• Demonstrated competence in leadership and supervision.
• Strong oral and written communication in daily interactions and computer applications skills.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
• Demonstrated competence in preparation and presentation of reports, needs assessments, conduct and/or facilitation of effective trainings and meetings to achieve program goals and tasks.
• Master’s Degree or a combination of experience and education that equates to a Master’s degree
• Extensive experience in the foster care, adoption, or child welfare services required.
• Considerable experience in human services practice required.
• Ability to be flexible and travel with reliable transportation to and from off campus work sites
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Professional experience working in a higher education institution
• Ability to establish strong networks with external stakeholders
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $45,000 to $54,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 hrs/wk Normal Work Days/Hours Varies; Evenings and weekends as needed Job Open Date 10/12/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101126 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This position requires traveling to and from off campus work
sites. Do you have reliable transportation that would allow you to
travel as needed?
- * Please describe how this work fits your professional mission
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position requires that applicants show demonstrated
competence in preparation and presentation of reports and needs
assessments to achieve program goals and tasks. Please describe
your experience with these requirements:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience with facilitating training
sessions both in person and via virtual methods:
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond