Posting Number S01310 Position Title Communication Specialist Internal Position Title Communication Specialist Department Enrollment Services Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Communication Specialist is responsible for the creation and implementation of comprehensive enrollment communication plans for prospective and continuing students. As a member of the college enrollment management team, the Communication Specialist will create scheduled and event-triggered emails, texts, and letters for all enrollment pipelines and statuses. Under the direction of the Dean of Enrollment Services, the Communication Specialist provides support with incoming and continuing student communications, through web, electronic, and print materials, including messaging to targeted student populations (by field of interest or other student attributes) to articulate institutional offerings, processes and procedures, and student success mission. The Communication Specialist translates key student development documents, web pages, and emails into Spanish. Coordinates the college’s text messaging program to ensure meaningful, timely, and standardized text communications while ensuring compliance with federal regulations such as FERPA and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act ( TCPA ). Employs best practices for effective student communications. Captures and reports analysis of campaign and user metrics. Develops and maintains close relationships across the college to identify gaps in student enrollment communications. Consults and provides recommendations to improve the communication process with students.
This position will be open until filled
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
• Bilingual (oral and written) in English and Spanish.
• Strong writing and creative skills for multiple audiences
• Leadership and teamwork
• Ability to effectively use communication tools (ie, texting platform, CRM )
• 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Exceptional attention to detail with a track record of executing multiple projects
• Ability to exhibit strong customer service for all levels of College constituencies and members of the public.
• Ability to communicate with a diverse population of prospective students
• Ability to take appropriate steps to promote and sustain effective working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment
• Comfort with student information systems database to promote accurate data entry and reporting.
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Knowledge of enrollment cycles, recruiting and communication strategies.
• Familiarity with undergraduate admission, financial aid, and enrollment processes.
• Knowledge of TargetX CRM or comparable CRM product.
Posting Date 10/14/2020 Closing Date Expected Start Date Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $42,254 Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40 Work Schedule
M-F 8am – 4:30 pm. Hours may vary according to the needs of the college.
Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word Interview Process Requirements Writing Samples, Bilingual Testing EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Communication Creation and Evaluation (50%):
• Develops and manages the content for selected communication vehicles, including writing original web content, e-communication, and other channels. Ensures content is written to support the organization’s student success agenda.
• Write and create news stories, newsletters, feature articles and other storytelling methods for prospective students, parents, high school counselors, etc.
• Works closely with Marketing and Public Relations to ensure consistent branding in alignment with the college’s brand standards and is consistent with other messaging across the college.
• Coordinates research and insight ensuring that messages and tools are working to effectively achieve outcomes and impacts. Develops methods and metrics to assess effectiveness of student communications. Makes and implements recommendations for improvement.
• Translates key student development documents, web pages, and emails into Spanish to providing culturally-relevant information to students, families, and community members and in support of the college’s compliance with the Civil Rights Act.
• Develops special communications as requested.
Communication Strategy and Planning (20%):
• Responsible for developing relevant and engaging student communication strategies and campaigns to generate interest in the college programs and complete enrollment activities.
• Creates and implements a communication calendar that encompasses prospective students at all stages of the enrollment funnel, financial aid and financial literacy, re-enrollment activities, and related events.
• Collaborate with, and provide direction to, the enrollment services team to develop innovative ways to communicate and market CLC to prospective students.
• Collaborates across all academic divisions, student service, and academic support areas and proactively seeks out just-in-time information to share with students.
• Collaborate with the Lancer Success Team on the development of communication initiatives.
Support Communication Systems (20%):
• Manages the college’s text messaging program for prospective and currently enrolled credit students. Ensures compliance with federal regulations such as FERPA and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act ( TCPA ). Develops and executes text messaging plan, reports on activity and manages opt-outs.
• Participates on college committees for maintenance and upgrades of student systems, such as the CRM and the website/portal.
Other Duties (10%):
• Stays current with higher education marketing trends and developments. Maintains expertise in best practices for effective student communications.
• Performs related duties as required.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications,
or a related field?
- * Are you bilingual (oral and written) in English and Spanish?
- * Do you have 1-3 years of relevant experience?
- * Do you have knowledge of TargetX CRM or comparable CRM
- * Are you familiar with undergraduate admission, financial aid,
and enrollment processes?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Speech & Rhetoric Not specified Full Time jobs in Gages Lake