CERT Program Specialist
Job Code/Title 81262 - H - Program Specialist GA 2 Position Number HU1025 Working Title CERT Program Specialist Department Accounting Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15-$20/hr Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20 Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Accounting Department is looking to hire a Program Specialist to perform administrative and management activities for their CERT Program at a professional level, within the Department of Accounting.
This position will allow for teleworking until the Accounting staff returns to their office. Primary responsibilities include:
-Coordinate quarterly forums of the Controllers Executive RoundTable ( CERT ); these are half-day speaker presentations for about 70 attendees and include breakfast and lunch. Responsibilities include coordination with outside specialists to provide continuing education credit ( CPE ) with the guidelines of the authorizing authority, the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy ( NASBA ). Administratively, it also Includes preparing and sending invitations and reminders, compiling RSVP lists, communicating meeting arrangements to guest instructors, preparing meeting materials, registering participants on the day of the meetings, sending out CPE credit certificates, maintaining current contact Information lists and updated files as required by the CPE granting authority.
-Coordinate bi-monthly Zoom forum or round table sessions; these are 2-hour presentation for about 70 attendees. Responsibilities include establishing meeting requirements in Zoom, hosting meeting including conducting polls and tracking results so that CPE certificates can be legally issued. The administrative requirements are the same as at the quarterly forums.
-Coordinate quarterly CERT Steering Committee meetings, including attending the meetings, preparing minutes and assisting the Committee in other required tasks.
-Accurate record keeping to ensure maintenance of accreditation standards set by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy ( NASBA ), for offering Continuing Professional Education ( CPE ) credits to meeting attendees.
-Send out and track recruitment materials, and manage inquiries from prospective members
-Manage supplies and purchases for CERT, invoice, receive and process check
payments for membership dues, and assist in managing the CERT budget
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficient in the use of Google forms to coordinate registrations, CPE certificates, evaluations and other documents for CERT forums.
- Proficient with the use of Zoom to conduct establish virtual meetings and forums; conduct polling, pulling reports and keeping video recordings.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher to create and update materials, and to track membership and attendance records.
- Ability to communicate with faculty and business executives via email, phone and in person.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as an employee at VCU
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business
- Expertise in hosting and developing Zoom meetings and webinars including hosting meetings of over 50 people and conducting polling
- Expertise in creating and using Google forms to create excel reports and charts and use data from forms to merge with new documents
- Proficient in MS Word enough to create documents and mail merge emails
- Proficient in MS Excel enough to summarize data and create pivot tables
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you hosted meetings using Zoom?
- * What is your expertise level in hosting meetings in Zoom?
- Beginner (have set up meetings)
- Intermediate (have hosted meetings of over 50 people and conducted polling)
- * Have you used Google Forms to collect data?
- * What is your level of expertise using Google Forms?
- Beginner (have used data from forms set up by others)
- Intermediate (have created forms and exported date to spreadsheets)
- Expert (have used forms to create charts and use data from forms to merge with new documents)
- * Are you proficient in using Microsoft Excel to summarize
- * Are you proficient in using Microsoft Word to create
documents and mail merge emails?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond