Graduate Admissions Counselor/Recruiter
Job Title Graduate Admissions Counselor/Recruiter Posting Number S843P Classification Title
Develop, implement and manage the admission recruitment program designed to attract the best possible pool of candidates in support of the school’s enrollment objectives. Designs and coordinates admissions outreach services and associated events. Establishes and delivers a wide range of advisement and liaison services. Participates in or oversees the evaluation of applicant files for admissions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Advises students and families regarding educational opportunities and options, admission and other requirements, policies and procedures, and financial assistance, as appropriate.
2. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates programs, special projects and events, and other initiatives geared to recruiting students within targeted populations and facilitating admission into the Graduate programs at California Baptist University.
3. Analyzes trends in student recruitment and retention programs and participates in the establishment and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies, resources, policies, and procedures.
4. Develops and implements outreach programs, events, and activities for recruitment and enrollment of students from targeted communities.
5. Assists with creating and distributing a range of resource and promotional materials designed for the recruitment and retention of students in targeted groups.
6. Reviews individual applications and evaluates candidates for admission eligibility; troubleshoots applications with problems, and oversees and/or coordinates communications with applicants.
7. Maintains communication via telephone, correspondence, and/or electronic mail with prospective students through all stages of the recruitment, admission and enrollment process.
8. Keep accurate records of recruiting activities and contacts.
9. Assist with other student service projects and events as requested.
10. Achieves aggressive monthly recruiting goals.
11. Interacts regularly with CBU’s enrollment leadership team to develop recruiting strategies and partnership.
12. Position will require evening and weekend work and travel. A valid driver’s license, a good driving record and reliable transportation is required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
Ability to investigate, and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records.
Ability to exercise interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with prospective students and their families, faculty, staff and other external contacts.
Able to professionally represent University in marketing and public relations activities.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including public speaking skills.
Must possess strong detail and time management skills.
Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks under deadline stresses.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and/or three to four years related experience required. Master’s degree preferred; or equivalent and/or combination of education and experience.
Open Date 10/14/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6120 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside