Position Title Communication Studies-Adjunct Position Summary
California Baptist University is an evangelical Christian university affiliated with the California Southern Baptist Convention. The College of Arts and Sciences at California Baptist University invites applications for an adjunct faculty appointment in the Department of Communication Arts.
Candidates must embrace the mission of California Baptist University and evidence a clear understanding of, and commitment to, excellence in teaching through the integration of the Christian faith and learning.
Successful adjunct candidates should have a terminal degree in Communication Studies or a related field. However, candidates with a Master’s degree will be considered. Qualified adjunct faculty should be able to instruct students in a broad range of communication studies courses. Specific expertise in oral communication, digital communication, and/or rhetoric is strongly preferred. Also, prior teaching experience in higher education, adaptability to different technologies, and an understanding of Blackboard LMS are preferred. Adjunct faculty members report directly to the department chair.
• The primary responsibilities of part-time adjunct faculty are to teach classes currently in the curriculum. The adjunct faculty member will prepare and provide students with course outlines, materials, and lectures that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus; when requested, help develop and measure learning outcomes; and assess student performance and maintain grade records.
• The adjunct faculty member will create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
• The adjunct faculty member will grade classwork and assignments.
• The adjunct faculty member will be responsive to student questions and concerns and provide timely feedback to our students.
• The adjunct faculty member will remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy.
• The adjunct faculty member will support the institution’s mission, vision, values, and policies with a primary goal of providing a quality education for all students attending the university
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6099 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Communications Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Film & Video Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Media Studies Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Communications Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside