California Baptist University is an evangelical Christian
university affiliated with the California Southern Baptist
Convention. The College of Arts and Sciences at California Baptist
University invites applications for an adjunct faculty appointment
in the Department of Communication Arts.
Candidates must embrace the mission of California Baptist
University and evidence a clear understanding of, and commitment
to, excellence in teaching through the integration of the Christian
faith and learning.
Successful adjunct candidates should have a terminal degree in
Communication Studies or a related field. However, candidates with
a Master’s degree will be considered. Qualified adjunct faculty
should be able to instruct students in a broad range of
communication studies courses. Specific expertise in oral
communication, digital communication, and/or rhetoric is strongly
preferred. Also, prior teaching experience in higher education,
adaptability to different technologies, and an understanding of
Blackboard LMS are preferred. Adjunct faculty members report
directly to the department chair.
• The primary responsibilities of part-time adjunct faculty are to
teach classes currently in the curriculum. The adjunct faculty
member will prepare and provide students with course outlines,
materials, and lectures that support learning objectives set forth
in the course syllabus; when requested, help develop and measure
learning outcomes; and assess student performance and maintain
• The adjunct faculty member will create an effective learning
environment through the use of a variety of instructional
• The adjunct faculty member will grade classwork and
• The adjunct faculty member will be responsive to student
questions and concerns and provide timely feedback to our
• The adjunct faculty member will remain knowledgeable about
advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in
• The adjunct faculty member will support the institution’s
mission, vision, values, and policies with a primary goal of
providing a quality education for all students attending the
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Christian Experience Essay
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript