Building Management System Tech 2 - (STA006546)
Maintains, repairs and operates Energy Management Environmental Control System (EMECS) Network and other independent heating, ventilation and air conditioning control systems. Troubleshoots and recommissions controllers.
- Responds to calls for repairs in buildings throughout campus.
- Inspects, repairs, and calibrates building digital and pneumatic environmental controls.
- Checks equipment for proper operation, including thermostats, ductwork, filters, motors, controllers, and compressors. Troubleshoots controllers, network systems, and fiber optic wiring.
- Performs preventative maintenance on building control systems.
- Repairs and replaces valves, actuators, sensors, thermostats, dampers and switches.
- Re-commissions controllers using proprietary software.
- May answer telephones and enter work requests in department database.
- Maintains communication between customers, technicians, work control, and supervisor.
- Updates workstation graphic diagrams to reflect most current renovations.Performs other duties as assigned.
18 months and 3 years experience.
Requires specialized training in basic trades, principles, procedures, practice, routines or techniques in a specific area or trade which might normally be acquired through up to 18 months of education or training beyond the high school level. Vocational competence in the operation of mechanical or electronic equipment may be required.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
Prefer license or certification in operating Energy Management Environmental Control System (EMECS) Network and other independent heating, ventilation and air conditioning HVAC control systems.
Previous EMECS experience in large hospital, school or commercial building complexes.
Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Note: This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.