Project Hire-Ed Apprenticeship Recruiter (P/T Grant Funded), CPRE60061PHED
To aid in the identification, cultivation, and recruitment of potential students for participation in the Project Hire-Ed™ Apprenticeship Program. Will serve as a liaison with WorkNet DuPage and support partnership opportunities and guidelines with students and employers.
- Support the development of a recruiting plan and strategies to maximize outreach with potential students.
- Meet with WorkNet DuPage partners to identify eligibility requirements and understand documentation requirements.
- Create a streamlined process for students and employers to apply for WorkNet DuPage assistance.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Project Hire-Ed, meet with external partners/advisors and College departments to identify and recruit potential student apprentices.
- Generate lead lists utilizing existing leads and available resources.
- Prepare marketing materials to reach potential students through text, phone, email, etc., for recruitment connection.
- Connect with in-district community organizations and agencies to build a network of partners to support outreach efforts.
- Maintain and update student lead lists on ongoing basis.
- Support student Information Sessions for Project Hire-Ed™ and other events as needed.
- Participate and assist, as appropriate, with strategic, annual and monthly planning.
- Represent Project Hire-Ed™ and College of DuPage as an attendee or presenter at special events and networking opportunities to disperse apprenticeship information, promote employment opportunities and upcoming events.
- Identify opportunities to work with government/business/service/private entities to enhance relationships with Project Hire-Ed™.
- Support the application of grants and carryout grants in conjunction with Project Hire-Ed™ and College of DuPage Development and Grants Office relevant to apprenticeships.
- Carry out additional duties, events, and programs as assigned.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in a student support area with direct contact with students, recruitment or related field.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship building and student-facing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at multiple levels.
- Demonstrable skills in public speaking/delivering presentations.
- Must be self-directed and work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Direct interaction with college student population in a professional setting.
- Experience with WIOA funding.
- Experience with community organizations to support recruitment efforts.
- Experience with a high volume, fast paced environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
20 hours a week. A combination of day, evening, and occasional weekend hours maybe be required to meet with employers.
General office environment and at employers’ location which may be a manufacturing environment.
This position requires a background check, motor vehicle report and drug screen.