Project Hire-Ed Case Manager (P/T Grant Funded), CPRE60062PHED
Provide direct case management working as a liaison between the apprentice, Project Hire-Ed™, College of DuPage faculty and staff, campus and community resources, the employer and WorkNet DuPage. Maintain communication with students for support and to direct students to appropriate resources, as needed.
- Maintain case management loads for apprentices with wrap-around services, to include outreach and support achieving apprenticeship program goals.
- Under the direction of the Manager, establish and maintain processes and procedures for apprentice case management.
- Provide support to students effectively by navigating resources at the college and in the community to ensure student success.
- Communicate frequently with partners and apprentices on appropriate wrap-around support, which may include referrals to academic support areas or community resources, encourage faculty interactions, and advocate for student success.
- Maintain and update processes on ongoing basis.
- Support student Information Sessions and Employer Forums for Project Hire-Ed™ and other events as needed.
- Participate and assist as appropriate, with strategic, annual and monthly planning.
- Assist with the application and management of apprenticeship grants in conjunction with Project Hire-Ed™ and College of DuPage Development and Grants Office.
- Carry out additional duties, events, and programs as assigned.
- Two to Three (2-3) years of experience in process management or case management.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at multiple levels.
- Must be self-directed and work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Experience working in a collaborative manner with diverse constituencies.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
- Direct interaction with college students in process or case management.
- Experience with a high volume, fast paced environment.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
25 hours a week. A combination of day, evening, and occasional weekend hours maybe be required to meet with employers.
General office environment and at employers’ location which may be a manufacturing environment.
This position requires a background check, motor vehicle report and drug screen.