Director for the Diversity Certificate Program
Director for the Diversity Certificate Program - Hourly
College of Professional and Continuing Studies
This is a hourly administrative position focusing on the management and expansion of Adelphi's external Diversity Certificate Program. The Diversity Certificate Program (DCP) evolved out of Adelphi's internal Diversity Certificate Program, which continues to be offered through Human Resources to Adelphi faculty and staff and is part of the University's many efforts to promote diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism on campus. The external version of the DCP, now under the College of Professional and Continuing Studies (CPCS), has been offered to school districts on Long Island directly and through Eastern Suffolk BOCES. There is currently high demand for the program among school districts as well as from for-profit and non-profit organizations.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Dean of the College of Professional and Continuing Studies
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES:
- Respond to inquiries from a range of external partners for customized versions of the DCP by formulating proposals that meet specific organizational needs.
- Proactively seek opportunities to offer the DCP to new client organizations, increasing the external impact of the DCP while generating revenue for CPCS.
- Work with the Dean of CPCS to offer an expanded, public version of the DCP.
- Recruit and support facilitators from within and outside of Adelphi who can effectively deliver DCP sessions in multiple modalities for diverse client organizations and the general public.
- Oversee ongoing content development to keep the DCP current and relevant in a rapidly changing environment.
- Oversee the work of a part-time DCP coordinator who supports the work of the Director.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with issues related to all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism and its implications in a variety of organizational and community settings
- Excellent communication skills, particularly demonstrated experience in writing program proposals and making presentations
- Knowledge of higher education administration
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Doctorate and research in a relevant academic discipline (minimum)
- Administrative experience in Higher education
- Part-time Coordinator
- Program facilitators
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
- Back Share
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2458