University of Idaho
Location: Off Campus Location - Carmen
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $62,566 or higher depending upon experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Oversee daily operations at the Nancy M. Cummings Research, Extension and Education Center; manage operation budgets and expenditures through supervision of financial technicians and administrative staff; manage staff performing ranch operations; hire and train staff and evaluate performance. Oversee operation and maintenance of equipment and buildings. Work with faculty to coordinate research and Extension activities with cattle and land resources at NMCREEC.
-Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree and four years related experience in animal science or ranch management or a related field.
- Experience with managing personnel, facilities, and budgets in a cattle ranch operation.
-Editing and writing business correspondence using proper grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application materials.
-Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, developing spreadsheets, email and internet.
- Experience working in a team environment to accomplish shared goals.
- Pesticide applicator’s license or ability to obtain license within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully pass a driver’s record check.
- Master’s degree in agriculture or related discipline and two years related experience in animal science or ranch management or a related field.
- Experience with irrigated agriculture.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of farm equipment.
- Knowledge of farm/ranch and industrial safety issues and the ability to provide safety training.
- Familiarity with agricultural research.
-Familiarity with farm management software.
-Experience with verbal skills in communications with employees, supervisors, and the general public.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 80 lbs. Duties may be performed in inclement weather.
Posting Number: SP002612P
Posting Date: 10/13/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
The first consideration date for applications is November 17, 2020.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable and can be uploaded into your application as Document #3.
The two letters of reference should be sent directly from the individual providing the reference to the following address:
Dr. John Hall
16 Hot Springs Ranch Road
Carmen, ID 83462
For information on the Nancy M. Cummings Research, Extension and Education Center, please visit:
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.