Assistant Professor of Criminology
The Department of Sociology and Criminology at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position beginning Fall semester 2021 (3/3 teaching load). We seek a critical criminologist who is committed to the teacher-scholar model, with preference given to candidates who specialize in law/legal systems and who have a desire to teach either research methods or statistics. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence and an inclusive learning environment, articulate course offerings they would contribute to the Department curriculum, and describe their fit with Gonzaga’s mission.
- Ph.D. in Criminology, Sociology, or closely related field. ABD considered, with the expectation the candidate will have degree in hand by August 1, 2021.
- Demonstrated active research agenda.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, including the ability to effectively respond to the academic needs of learners from diverse backgrounds
- Teach three courses each semester, including introductory-level courses (CRIM 101, CRIM 193), courses required for the CRIM major and minor, and electives in the candidate’s areas of expertise.
- Engage in research, publication, and other scholarly activity appropriate to the candidate’s research agenda and areas of expertise.
- Provide curriculum and career advising and mentoring to the program’s undergraduates.
- Support the department, university, and discipline through service and other forms of academic citizenship.
To apply, please visit our website at www.gonzaga.edu/jobs . Applicants must complete an online application and electronically submit (1) a cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) teaching portfolio, including a statement of teaching philosophy that includes evidence of responsiveness to the academic needs of students from diverse backgrounds, evidence of teaching excellence, sample course syllabus taught by candidate, (4) unofficial copies of graduate school transcripts, (5) research portfolio, including writing sample and statement of research interests, and (6) the names and email address for three persons who will be writing letters of recommendation. The position closes on November 13, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PST. For assistance with your online application, please contact Human Resources at (509) 313-5996. Direct other inquiries to Dr. Vikas Gumbhir, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology and Criminology, email@example.com.
Gonzaga University sits adjacent to downtown Spokane, WA, along the Spokane River. We exist on the historical lands of Salish speaking tribes in the Inland Northwest’s most metropolitan region. Spokane is Washington’s second largest city and is home to a diverse array of neighborhoods and shopping districts, with many exciting food and beverage amenities. We are a short drive from hiking, skiing, rafting, and climbing locations.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Sociology Tenured/Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane