Assistant Professor of Literacy Education/Reading Specialist
Title: Assistant Professor of Literacy Education/Reading Specialist
Semester time-frame: 01/27/21-05/22/21
Full time, Tenure-track, with opportunity for renewal.
Daemen College is a small private institution offering Baccalaureate, Masters, and entry-level Doctoral degrees in a wide variety of professional and liberal arts programs. Daemen College is a dynamic institution with over 2,600 full and part-time students with a rich history in education.
- The Department of Education invites applications for an
immediate opening for an assistant professor position for literacy
education/reading specialist to begin January 2021.
- Required qualifications: include an earned doctorate in literacy education/reading specialist with a depth of study and research in teacher education given current NYSED standards.
- Responsibilities: Our education programs have a strong focus on the learner, critical inquiry, and mastery practice. The candidate focus should be on addressing theories and practices of literacy, with a focus on critical literacy, culturally responsive pedagogy, defining literacy in a cross-curricular context, exploring the value of an inter-disciplinary world, and development of teaching skills that enhance analytical fluency. Professional responsibilities include teaching, scholarly development, student advisement, and service.
- For consideration, applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, graduate transcripts (copies acceptable), evidence of teaching effectiveness and scholarly activity, and three letters of reference (at least one about teaching). Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
This is a full-time position. Benefits are available the first of the month following the full-time employee's date of hire and include health, dental, vision insurance, and fully paid life insurance. In addition, we offer fully paid long term disability insurance after 3 months of employment. Eligibility for the 403b retirement plan is available to full-time employees upon hire and an 8%employer match after one year of service. Tuition waiver benefits are also available for full-time employees and their qualified dependents.
Daemen College is an AA/EOE and strongly encourages applications from women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities and candidates who will contribute to and support the cultural fluency and diversity of our campus. Apply directly at https://daemen.applicantpro.com/jobs/
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Amherst
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Amherst