(Fulltime position anticipated to begin January, 2021)
POSITION TITLE: Registrar
DEPARTMENT: Registrar’s Office
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general administrative direction from the Provost and Vice President of Academic & Student Affairs, the Registrar is responsible for developing a student-centered approach to student records with an emphasis on providing exemplary service to all constituents. The Registrar serves student enrollment needs through overseeing the timely scheduling of classes, collection and posting of grades, and confirmation of the completion of graduation requirements; interprets academic policies; and provides guidance and oversight to maintain the professional integrity of the office. The Registrar provides vision, leadership, supervision, and professional development for office staff, and maintains a high degree of contact with Bluefield State College stakeholders including faculty, administration, institutional research, technology user groups, students, and a wide variety of committees. Appointment is anticipated to begin in January, 2021.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION/COMPENSATION: This position is Nonclassified, Full-time, carries an Exempt status under the Fair Labor Standards Act, and serves at the will and pleasure of the President. Actual compensation will be commensurate with specific qualifications and experience related to the position. Position is dependent upon available funding.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a student-centered approach to student records with an emphasis on providing exemplary service to all constituents.
- Establish, lead, and manage all operational activities related to student records and degree progression, including registration, academic progress, transcripts, degree conferral, enrollment-status changes, degree and enrollment verifications, and class schedules.
- Interpret academic policies; and provides guidance and oversight to maintain the professional integrity of the office.
- Direct daily operations in the Registrar’s Office and supervises staff and student employees. Maintain budget, technology, and planning for the Registrar's Office.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing various
modules of the BANNER student information system so they are
responsive to institutional needs and request.
- Coordinates student records management and student course registration.
- Coordinates preparation of graduation audits prior to degree conferral.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal privacy laws.
- Work collaboratively to maintain a yearly academic calendar, an effective records/registration system, and a faculty/staff SIS training system.
- Resolve student issues; coordinate grade collection and posting to student transcripts.
- Produce reports from student information system for internal and external constituencies.
- Distribute historical data from Board reports and Student Profiles.
- Provide leadership in continuous improvement of college
registration/records system, including planning and training for
off-campus locations as needed.
- Defines and activates terms in the SIS and prepares refund schedules.
- Directs timely reporting to the Student Clearinghouse and the Veteran’s administration.
- Develop, publish, and revise on a regular basis articulation handbooks for area colleges.
- Directs transfer articulation and creation of articulation booklets.
- Directs maintenance of automated degree audit system.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Federal and State regulations and guidelines, HEPC policies, and BSC BOG Also, serve on various faculty and College committees.
- Coordinate commencement activities. Certify athletes for eligibility to participate in intercollegiate sports. Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must have an earned Master’s Degree, preferably in business, higher education administration, management or related area. At least three years of recent and relevant administrative or teaching experience in higher education. Experience in applied research. Ability to work effectively as a leader and team member to ensure that departmental goals are met. Ability to understand the college revenue process, and compile and disseminate data as it relates to enrollment. Ability to comply with regulatory requirements regarding student academic records and documentation. Proven management skills; demonstrated analytical skills; strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written; demonstrated computer literacy; strong organizational skills; detail oriented with attention to accuracy and timeliness. Ability to meet the working hours of the position, which may include early morning, evening and weekend hours. Must maintain a valid State Driver’s License. The knowledge, skills and abilities required are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. However, any equivalent combination of at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and relevant experience which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job is acceptable.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated progressively responsible experience in a Registrar's Office of similar stµdent-records environment; demonstrated thorough understanding of student records systems (preferably BANNER); working knowledge of modem registration practices and effective use of technology.
THE COLLEGE: The mission of Bluefield State College is to provide students an affordable, accessible opportunity for public higher education. A historically black institution, Bluefield State College prepares students for diverse professions, graduate study, informed citizenship, community involvement, and public service in an ever-changing global society. More information about the College is available at www.bluefieldstate.edu
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Completed applications are to be submitted in electronic format only to email@example.com and must include:
- Letter of interest specific to the position;
- A completed BSC Employment Application (form available at https://www.bluefieldstate.edu/resources/human-resources/jobs);
- Contact information for at least three professional references; and
- Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process; official transcripts will be required of the selected candidate).
DATE POSTED: October 14, 2020
CLOSING DATE: For full consideration, applications must be received by 4:00 pm EST, Friday, October 30, 2020. Applications will be accepted until position is filled; however, applications received after the deadline may not receive full consideration.
Bluefield State College is an HBCU, AA/EOE/ADA employer, committed to the principle that minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with all applicable federal and state laws designed to promote equal educational and employment opportunities. Bluefield State College does not provide H1B visa or employment sponsorship.
Apply for Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly