Director of Strategic Enrollment Communications and Marketing
• Develops, executes and evaluates a comprehensive communications program for the departments under the division of Enrollment Management in support of division’s mission, vision and strategic direction
• Provides oversight of CRM communications and marketing initiatives, campaigns, web presence, and activities for division of Enrollment Management and reporting units.
• Develops and establishes strategic communication and marketing plans in accordance with the university’s branding initiatives, including market assessments and program evaluation activities on campaigns specific to division Enrollment Management
• Oversees the high-level public content, organization, and structure for the Division of Enrollment Management website and advances the presence the departments reporting to Enrollment Management in a variety of established and emerging social media
• Develops marketing and communication strategies to engage undergraduate students using various innovative campaigns and technologies
• Works collaboratively with the Enrollment Management leadership team to enhance the reputation of and build support for strategic initiatives and programs
• Provides creative input to the organization and ensures brand compliance.
• Utilizes various tracking mechanisms for social media/digital and print marketing strategies to provide insight into strategic resource allocations by measuring ROI
• Supervises and provides leadership to a team of 4 other communications and marketing professionals in the division.
• A Master’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism or other related field, or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with significant related experience
• A broad background in institutional communications with a strong record of progressive experience in contemporary communications fields
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a strategic marketing and communication plans
• Evidence of strong writing, editing, interpersonal, presentation and marketing skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in using word processing, image processing, content management systems, CRMs, communication analytics and social networking tools in communications or marketing programs
• Understanding of effective graphic design, branding principles, and the use of internet and social media as means of communication
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing priorities and to take initiative in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team of colleagues and serve as a representative of the division
• Demonstrated leadership and significant experience in forming and supervising a cohesive team of professionals
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
• Ability to handle and prioritize tasks while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated sensitivity to issues surrounding diversity and inclusive language.
Must provide three samples of work (or include link to on-line portfolio) that demonstrate proficiency in at least 3 of the required qualifications listed.
• Experience with Technolutions Slate
• Experience working in a higher education setting
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software (specifically in Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere)
• Experience in conceptualization and writing of fact-based documents and generating related photography and videography.
October 28, 2020
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Lisha Farrier at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 13, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Marketing & Sales Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Communications Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg