Director of Alumnae and Alumni Relations
The Director of Alumnae and Alumni Relations is an integral member of the Institutional Advancement team and is responsible for the development and coordination of Alumnae Council programming and the encouragement of alumnae to remain involved in the life of the University through volunteer activities and financial support.
- Creates and executes the alumnae and alumni engagement plan.
- Serves as liaison between the University and all boards of the Alumnae Council to achieve quality alumnae program development and implementation.
- Plans and develops innovative programs to steward, cultivate, identify and recognize alumnae volunteers and donors.
- In consultation with volunteers and the Institutional Advancement team, coordinates and oversees all aspects of Reunion Weekend and other priority alumnae events.
- Creates and expands opportunities for alumnae and alumni to engage and connect virtually. Assess needs and bandwidth to accomplish both physical and virtual events, by offering hybrid engagement opportunities when possible.
- Incorporate alumnae and alumni relations into giving and stewardship strategies.
- Works with the Director of Advancement Services and the Annual Gifts Manager to encourage financial support from alumnae and to maintain the integrity of the alumnae database.
- Supervise development of special programming for students and young alumnae as well as graduates of the University’s non-traditional programs.
- Works with the Associate Vice President for Communications to develop and implement effective communications with alumnae using existing publications (Reunion brochure, TowerTalk, the e-newsletter, and Universitas) and exploring virtual and web-based vehicles.
- Works with the Director of the Women’s Leadership Institute of Baltimore to facilitate the successful planning and implementation of the annual Busta Lecture and the First Impressions Program with the support and engagement of volunteers, faculty and IA staff.
- Supports initiatives developed by the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and the development team as well as the Enrollment Management, Career Services, Student Development, Athletics and Wellness, and Academic Affairs areas as needed.
Knowledge : Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience : Minimum of two-three years of experience in a position of similar responsibility is preferred. Demonstrated experience and success in cultivating, managing and recognizing volunteers and providing effective management of committees.
Skills/Aptitude : Demonstrated success in volunteer management and/or event planning. The ability to work as an integral part of the Advancement team. Solid strategic planning skills, with an understanding of tactical implementation. Excellent organizational and communication (written, oral, presentation) skills. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, resourceful, creative, collaborative, efficient and effective in all aspects of the job.
Working Conditions : Normal office environment. Attendance at University functions and evening and weekend events outside of normal business hours will be required. Some travel is also required.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Questions can be directed to the hiring manager, Kelley Kilduff at firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore