College Nurse for Student Health Services
This individual serves as a health resource, health educator, and advocate for students, employees, and the University community as a whole.
- Performs nursing assessments to identify health and healthcare resources and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Recommends appropriate level of care, referring to emergency services or a healthcare provider.
- Oversees follow-up care if referred to a healthcare provider.
- Provides first aid, emergency care or crisis intervention in accordance with the Maryland's Nursing Practice Act, regulations and protocols.
- Oversees immunization records for students.
- Provides health promotion and disease prevention information. Sponsors and/or conducts offering of wellness seminars and other initiatives throughout the year.
- Serves as a liaison, as applicable, with local and state health departments and healthcare organizations.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities with considerable independence within the framework of established policies, procedures and guidelines as outlined in the American College Health Association publication (May 2014), Scope of Practice of Registered Nurses in College Health.
Knowledge : A licensed registered nurse in the State of Maryland. A minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing is required.
Experience: Previous experience in student health services in a college setting.
Skills/Aptitude : The ability to work autonomously, strong clinical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
Work Schedule: Schedule may be flexible to meet the needs of students and University activities. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required.
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com . Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references