Coordinator Student Engagement
Position Overview: Coordinates and execute specific activities, programs, and services for student organizations, student leadership programs and other campus activities. Provide information and resources for students, parents, and University staff related to campus programming. Participate in program development and make recommendations. Prepare and review expenditures related to department and fee-funded group budgets. Promote safety and compliance in activities.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions: The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Oversees and provides support and advisement for the Student Programming Board.
- Works closely with the executive board and general membership on the execution of events and activities.
- Provides leadership development and teaches event planning/logistics.
- Advises two of the four fraternity/sorority life governing councils (Panhellenic, IFC, NPHC or MGC).
- Provides oversight and support for the council and council officers.
- Supports other campus activities groups/boards for implementation of large campus programming.
- Conducts on-going research to further university initiatives, and creates/updates policies and materials to assist the Student Programming Board and fraternity/sorority life councils.
- Some evenings and weekends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
College/Department Overview: Student Engagement purposefully develops students and programs that create experiences which lead to growth, opportunities that become memories, and meaningful connections that lead to lasting relationships. We strive to foster a festive and memorable environment that encourages inclusivity, lifelong learning, community engagement, and a commitment to Central.
- Commitment to Central - Honor bronze and blue is more than a tagline it’s a way of life.
- Festive & Memorable - We provide unique experiences that leave a vivid impression.
- Spirit of Service - We practice and instill the importance of service to campus and community, through volunteerism, visibility and being the yes people.
- 2nd Home - We strive to create an environment students call their home away from home.
- Personal Growth - We develop, challenge and support students and ourselves to the highest potential.
- Intentionality - Theory guides our practice to provide purposeful experiences and outcomes.
Qualifications/Experience Required: Requires a bachelor's degree in field plus 3+ years of relevant experience in the chosen field or 7+ years of equivalent work experience that provides knowledge of and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and concepts. Requires the application of expertise in a chosen field to achieve results.
Qualifications/Experience Preferred : Experience in student affairs specifically relating programming and fraternity/sorority life. Master's degree in college student personnel/higher education preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: The qualified candidate will have good supervisory skills, student/event advising skills, conflict management skills, as well as crisis management skills. They will have excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, human relations, public relations and organizational skills. The candidate will be able to work as well independently as in a group, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and interact professionally with all segments of the University community. Must be detail oriented and a team player. Computer proficiency preferably in Microsoft Office. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond