College Laboratory Assistant - Chemistry (Part Time)
COLLEGE LABORATORY ASSISTANT I - CHEMISTRY (PART TIME)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
The Department of Chemistry is looking for two dynamic College Laboratory Assistants to assist the physical science faculty members in all phases of laboratory preparations, procedures and/or lecture demonstrations emphasizing laboratory safety practices.
- Supervise students during biology and chemistry laboratory classes.
- Prepare living and preserved specimens, reagents, chemical solutions, equipment and materials for laboratory procedures and demonstrations as needed.
- Perform and evaluate prospective and/or current experiments.
- Set up, operate and maintain existing instruments, audio-visual materials, procedures and equipment as requested.
- Maintain laboratories and storerooms of the biology and physical science departments as to cleanliness, orderliness, safety, and availability of equipment and maintaining inventory using computer software.
- Assist in the student registration process.
- Minimum two years of college with course work in general and organic chemistry.
- Knowledge of routine laboratory safety practices and the ability to perform routine chemical laboratory procedures.
- Computer literacy is also required.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Part Time jobs in Chicago