Dean of Students
Vacancy Number: S-00660 Position Title: Dean of Students Classification Title: Dean of Students Department: Student Affairs Employment Type: Full-Time Duties and Responsibilities:
Auburn University at Montgomery ( AUM ) invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of Students. The Dean will, among other endeavors, seek to strengthen and build upon the University’s commitment to “putting students first” and ensure that students and the entire campus community are met with a vibrant, inclusive, and seamless campus experience. This position reports to the Associate Provost of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.
• Collaborate with colleagues to provide a comprehensive and coordinated effort to strengthen student success driven by data and periodic assessment to ensure effectiveness in reaching important student outcomes
• Provide visionary student affairs leadership to optimize the student experience by engaging students, implementing best practices, working across departments and divisions
• In partnership with colleagues in the Provost’s Office, Human Resources and the wider community, continue to promote diversity and inclusion across all academic and administrative units of the university
• Foster a culture of engagement by actively developing, implementing and sustaining programs and services that promote a fully-integrated student experience
• As a member of the Enrollment Management and Student Affairs team, be a key partner in implementing integrated, comprehensive plans for student retention and success
• Provide visionary leadership resulting in the development and implementation of student diversity, equity, and inclusion programming and initiatives
• Provide oversight and strategic direction to the Director of Student Life, Director of Career Development Center, Director of Counseling and Health Promotions Services, Director of the Center for Disability Services and the Senior Program Associate
The Dean will advocate for and provide leadership to cultivate the educational success and personal development of AUM students by offering a wide variety of services, activities, and learning opportunities with the goal of preparing and empowering students to engage fully as active learners, responsible leaders, and contributing members of a diverse and dynamic campus community and global society.
The Dean will coordinate and provide oversight for the campus Student Conduct System, including:
• Serve as the chief conduct officer, providing ultimate oversight for student case management and the appeals process
• Maintain and secure all conduct records
• Ensure due process and the timely and equitable treatment of all parties engaged in the student conduct system
• Oversee compliance with federal and state mandates as necessary, including assisting the Chief of Police with the College’s Annual Security Report and acting as a resource for Clery compliance
• Maintain, revise and publish the AUM Student Handbook in accordance with regulatory compliance and industry best practices
• Serve as a member of the College’s CARE Team, Threat Assessment Team, and any other institutional groups that support student wellness, safety, and retention
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent command and demonstrated understanding of contemporary diversity, equity, inclusion, and multiculturalism concepts and issues in higher education
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to providing the highest level of customer service and responsiveness
• Ability to display diplomacy and tact in all communication
• Ability to independently manage a variety of projects with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage the process and people side of change, and influence results with emotional intelligence
• Ability to make decisions independently, outstanding organizational skills, excellent judgment, and a high level of self-motivation and accountability
• Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to contribute to the successful achievement of the University mission
• Commitment to supporting and responding to students with diverse needs
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Skill in working collaboratively with others and in developing professional alliances
• Master’s Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, or closely related field; Doctorate preferred
• 7-10 years of senior administrative leadership and diversity experience in a college environment
• Training and experience leading equity, diversity, and inclusion programming
• Demonstrated experience leading a highly effective and engaging Student Affairs division
Job Open Date: 10/13/0020 This posting will remain open until closed: No Job Close Date: 10/19/2020 Salary Band: 109 Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is an internal posting open to current, Auburn University at Montgomery and Auburn University employees only.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
About the University/College
Auburn University at Montgomery is a SACSCOC -accredited, comprehensive public university in Alabama whose mission is to provide quality and diverse educational opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels through use of traditional and electronic delivery systems, and to foster and support an environment conducive to teaching, research, scholarship, and collaboration with government agencies, the community, and other educational institutions. AUM is ranked among the South’s top universities by U.S. News and World Report and was named one of the best colleges in the Southeast by The Princeton Review.
Founded in 1967 and located on a sprawling 500-acre campus, AUM’s core values include a student-centered experience; citizenship & community engagement; excellence as a standard; a commitment to constant improvement; diversity of people & perspective with a culture of inclusiveness; lifelong learning; and an environment of collaboration.
AUM offers its more than 5,000 students 90-plus fields of study at both the graduate and undergraduate levels within the colleges of: Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Business, Education, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Sciences. As well there is a joint doctoral program with the main campus of Auburn University; a Doctor of Nursing Practice starting in Fall 2019; and several unique programs, unavailable anywhere else in the region, including Geographic Information Systems, Hospitality and Tourism, Homeland Security, and Cybersystems and Information Security. AUM’s dedicated 350 part- and full-time faculty members are distinguished academics and practitioners in their fields, committed to educating, developing and inspiring students. The student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1.
Quick Link http://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/4455 Position Profile Link Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * This posting is open to current, full-time Auburn University
at Montgomery (AUM) and full-time Auburn University (AU) employees
only. Are you a current, full-time AUM/AU employee?
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Montgomery