3452 Spur 399, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experiencedSenior Accountant.
Maintain accounting records, perform account analysis, and prepare monthly and quarterly/annual financial reports for Collin College and the Collin College Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting, reporting, audit, systems and fiscal-related duties for the Collin College Foundation.
- Supervise day-to-day workflow of accounting personnel to include recruiting, recommending, supervising, and assisting in the evaluation of assigned staff in accordance with district and department policies and procedures.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and information for district activities.
- Prepare journal entries for district accounts, document corrections and record business transactions.
- Compile and analyze district financial reports and information to prepare journal entries, document corrections and record business transactions.
- Review and analyze various district accounts on the general ledger and the subsidiary ledger for accuracy.
- Assist with the preparation of district audit schedules, financial statements, and statistical data related to the annual audit and Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR). Review monthly journal entries and assist in district month-end accounting close process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related business administration field of study from a regionally accredited institution and five (5) years of experience in accounting. One (1) year of supervisory experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting and accounting systems
- Knowledge of MS Excel
- Knowledge of the Texas Uniform Management of Public Funds Investment Act and IRS tax codes
- Knowledge of Foundation and district policies, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of FASB, GASB, GAAP, and accounting best practices
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Supervisory skills
- Computer skills
- Research, reading and listening skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Reconciliation skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with personnel and with professional partners outside the college
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $63,027.00 - 72,481.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney