2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Counselor (Part-time)
Provide mental health counseling to students, including crisis intervention, assessment and community referrals for the emotional, psychological and situational issues that impact academic success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide personal counseling services to Collin students and provide referrals based upon sound clinical and ethical judgment.
- Provide individual short-term psychological counseling to students presenting a multitude of therapeutic issues within appropriate scope of practice.
- Triage students for appropriate level of care including crisis intervention, suicide risk, individual counseling, referral for community resources and psychological evaluation based on sound clinical judgment.
- Provide crisis counseling on campus as necessary.
- Maintain confidential clinical progress notes for case load of students receiving mental health counseling.
- Consult with faculty regarding student's developmental, psychological and emotional concerns.
- Collaborate with social service agencies and community resources in order to offer resources and information that will complement and support student needs as necessary
- Collaborate with academic and student development departments in order to support, enhance, and partner in programs that further a student's educational success.
- May assume responsibility of the counseling department including clinical supervision, crisis response, consultation and daily operations during Associate Dean's absence.
- May supervise part-time departmental staff.
- May need to work evening hours occasionally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of work related counseling experience required. Experience with college counseling preferred.
Licenses and Certifications
Current LPC or other mental health licensing required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of counseling resources and best practices
- Knowledge of career assessment instruments
- Knowledge of holistic approach to helping students determine an appropriate career path
- Knowledge of human relations and problem solving methods
- Knowledge of human behavior, individual differences in abilities, personality, and interests; learning and motivation, and the assessment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for assessment and treatment of mental dysfunctions and for career counseling and guidance.
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, ethical standards, college code of conduct, and other appropriate democratic process such as due process
- Knowledge of local social service agencies and referral/resource information
- Knowledge of job search skills and resources
- Crisis management skills
- Clinical assessment skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Networking skills
- Presentation skills
- Creativity skills
- Observation skills
- Ability to establish rapport, trust and non-judgmental theoretical approach to counseling individuals
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to apply professional and ethical principles and practices
- Ability to build positive collegial relationships
- Ability to with a diverse student population
- Ability to create presentations
- Ability to utilize the web-based notes/scheduling platform called Titanium
- Ability to keep student's records confidential
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. ***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $25.04 - 25.04
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Counsellor Education Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney