9700 Wade Blvd, Preston Ridge Campus
Frisco, Texas, 75035
We are searching for an experienced Data Clerk
Provide clerical support for assigned department. Answer phones, make appointments, enter data, answer questions and perform other clerical tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support for the department. Includes but is not limited to scheduling appointments, typing letters, reports and memoranda; proofreading work to ensure accuracy.
- Answer telephone, greet callers and campus visitors, students, faculty, staff, and the general public in a courteous, friendly professional manner. Direct and assist callers and visitors to the appropriate person and/or provide accurate information.
- Assist with maintaining and updating applicable files.
- Assist with outgoing mail and pick-up and distribution of incoming mail to appropriate personnel.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed matter, using copying or duplicating machine and fax information when instructed.
- Perform data entry and operate computer (word processing and spreadsheet) in performance of routine clerical/typing duties.
- Maintain confidentiality of files, records, organizational plans and personnel actions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures, and core values.
High School diploma or equivalent with some clerical training and one (1) year of office or customer service experience required.
Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge computers of related software
- Knowledge of copiers
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of different departments of Collin College
- Keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use a multi-line telephone system
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of English composition and grammar skills
- Ability to relate well to students, staff, faculty and the general public in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Ability to deal with emotional and stressful situations
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.07 - 13.07
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney