Adjunct Faculty (Non-Credit)- Machining
Job Title Code
Hourly Rate (Part-Time)
Provides instruction for non-credit course(s) within the content specific area.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Other requirements include excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with students and staff with varying diverse backgrounds and learning styles. Demonstrated skills in successfully working with diverse populations through experiences such as formal training and past work experiences. The ability to provide quality customer service.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
Non-Credit Adjunct faculty who are assigned to teach non-credit workforce courses must have a minimum of an Associate degree with direct work experience in the specific content area or have specific certification/licensure related to the assigned course(s) with work experience in the specific content area. Non-Credit Adjunct faculty who are assigned to teach a non-credit community based/non-workforce course(s) must have a minimum of an Associate degree or direct work experience in the specific content area with a certification (if applicable) for the content area. Official transcripts will be required at time of interview. ***Will be subject to a criminal background check and fingerprint check.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include providing course syllabi (with the minimum college requirement for the non-credit courses, institutional holidays, grading policy, course information, attendance requirements, books and resource materials, and other institutional or accreditation information, etc); maintains accurate records for reporting grades and attendance, provides student evaluations in accordance with institutional guidelines and accreditation/licensure body (if applicable); and meets required deadlines for submitting required end of course documentation to the division office.
Successful candidate will have desired 8 years' + experience in a machining environment.
• Train, mentor and otherwise improve the skill set of machining students
• Ability to interpret blue prints, GD&T, and specification sheets
• Set up and operate Manual Machine Tools
• Ability to set up and operate a CNC Mill and/or Lathe
• Experience using measuring tools including Micrometers, Calipers, and Indicators
• Knowledge of Cutting Tool Geometries.
• A thorough knowledge of all machining, speeds, feeds, material and cutting tools
• Commitment to Safety
• Communicate effectively with students, colleagues and industry partners.
Advertised: 13 Oct 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 27 Oct 2020 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Dallas
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Dallas
- Other Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Dallas
- Vocational & Technical Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Dallas
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Dallas