Associate Vice President of Human Resources
Gardner-Webb University is conducting a search to fill the position of Associate Vice President of Human Resources.
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Associate Vice President provides executive-level vision, leadership and guidance for Human Resources (HR) activities across all divisions of the University including policies, benefits, compensation, employee relations, staff development, and compliance within each of these respective areas. The Associate Vice President is responsible for preparing, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant policies, procedures, and best practices. Additionally, the Associate Vice President will provide oversight for development and training for faculty and staff.
- Supervises the Office of Human Resources staff and oversees the daily operations of the office;
- Ensures that the Office of Human Resources is available to provide service-oriented guidance on employment matters to all areas of the University;
- Collaborates with University leadership to define, design, implement and administer a comprehensive HR program;
- Collaborates with the Office of University Counsel as necessary to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- As requested, provides training to University administrators on employment matters;
- Develops an excellent working knowledge of the Personnel Policy Manual and effectively integrates new and modified policies;
- In conjunction with HR office staff, develops and deploys effective and easy to understand HR and benefits forms for employee use;
- Keeps University employees up to date on important changes in University employment policies and benefits;
- Works with management and search committees in the recruitment of qualified applicants;
- Develops and implements a comprehensive new employee orientation program;
- Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisals, and other employee programs, including retirement and health insurance programs, leave policies, workers compensation, and disability;
- Ensures that the University’s employment policies and benefits programs are in compliance with applicable employment laws, regulations, and requirements;
- Maintains University-wide Organizational Chart and job descriptions;
- Prepares and manages the HR budget; and
- Serves as a key contributor to the administrative functions of the University and completes tasks delegated thereunder
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong combination of skills in management, communications and coordination
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Experience with varied HR information systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: At least a Bachelor’s Degree,
preferably in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a
Experience: Minimum of seven years’ experience in human resource management. Experience in an educational environment is preferred.
Gardner-Webb University is a coeducational, residential, private Christian institution located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina with easy access to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville-Spartanburg. The University offers 80+ undergraduate and graduate degree programs to approximately 3,500 students. Academic units include Arts & Sciences, Health Sciences, Business, Education, Divinity, Psychology & Counseling, Performing and Visual Arts. GWU is home to 22 Division I athletics teams and competes in the Big South Conference.
Interested persons should e-mail a letter of interest, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.