Compensation Analyst 1 - (STA006544)
Performs professional compensation work in the administration of the university's compensation program and related policies and procedures.
- Analyzes and conducts classification reviews and prepares recommendations; composes and writes new job descriptions.
- Reviews salary recommendations for new hires, internal promotions, reclassifications and other personnel actions for compliance with guidelines and university compensation policies and procedures.
- Reviews job criteria and conducts desk audit interviews relating to position reclassifications.
- Counsels department supervisors and administrators in staff compensation administration and interpretation of compensation policies and procedures.
- Conducts ad-hoc salary market studies and participates in salary market analyses conducted for pay structure proposal recommendations.
- Conducts reviews of FLSA designation of classifications.
- Oversees the processing of position requests and position management in the PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System (HRMS).
- Compiles incumbent salary data from various sources and participates in external salary surveys.
- Maintains and updates a task list of pending classification reviews and other compensation actions.
- Participates in the preparation and review of data for university-wide merit and equity salary adjustments.
- May provide work guidance to support personnel, student assistants and interns.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 1 year experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
- Previous experience in higher education a plus.
- Prefer applicants with strong compensation or finance
- Prior experience working with PeopleSoft a plus.
- Prefer applicants with direct experience of working with
- Final applicants will be tested in Excel on proficiency
Note : Please attach 3 professional references with your submission
Notes to Applicant: Please note: 3 professional references related to experience will be asked of all final candidates.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston