Director, Facilities Infrastructure & Technology - (STA006536)
Directs the technical and administrative computing services for Facilities Construction/Management (F/CM), which includes LAN administration, help desk support, archiving of building documentation, identification and coordination of enterprise software applications. Implements best practices in facilities information technology to support the F/CM Mission.
- Responsible for all F/CM assigned computing resources to include inventorying, updating, upgrading, repairing and physical/data protection.
- Acts as subject matter expert for the F/CM enterprise systems, including purchasing, adoption and all associated F/CM training for these systems.
- Directs the Electronic Access Control team, maintains and coordinates planning, construction, maintenance of software, hardware and system administrator roles. Works with multiple units to ensure proper coordination between systems, software, hardware, signals and usage for the Electronic Access Control and BMS systems.
- Directs, in coordination with UHIT the cybersecurity responsibilities of the F/CM computing resources to include the updating of operating systems, implementation of ICS/SCADA security protocols for new building automation systems and identification and protection of existing data systems.
- Oversees departmental technology operations including supervision of technical staff and budget administration.
- Directs the design, development and implementation of computing resources for the department. Provides training on all F/CM department computing systems as needed.
- Develops and implements near-term operating plans for department in coordination with administration, ensuring technology plans align with F/CM goals and objectives and the overall University computing strategy.
- Consults with the department's business partners, both internal and external, to ensure the systems in use are optimized for efficiency and provides a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Identifies, creates and implements departmental metrics/analytics and dashboards for management.
- Develops, implements and enforces management information systems policies and procedures regarding hardware and software purchases, back-ups, disaster recovery and use of departmental computing resources.
- Serves as liaison between F/CM and Central Computing & Telecommunication Services. Develops and manages budget for licenses, hardware and/or systems, plans for implementation, maintenance and repair/replacement of systems.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 7 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
- Previous experience in higher education a plus.
- This position is an essential position for Facilities and
Construction Management. Essential position you will
be required to perform the work needed if directed by
management even when the office or school is closed and may be
required to report to work.
Note : Please attach 3 professional references with your submission.
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston