Assistant Coach Women's Ice Hockey
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University competes as a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), The Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), the New England Football Conference (NEFC) and The Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC). The University sponsors 19 intercollegiate sports for men and women in addition to club and intramural teams, and a variety of recreational opportunities. SRU Student-Athletes distinguish themselves in the classroom as well as on the field with more than 35% attaining a GPA of 3.4 or higher.
To assist the Head Coach, Women's Ice Hockey in the coaching and teaching of skills and game strategy of sport as directed.
- Primary duty is teaching, coaching, and mentoring student-athletes under Head Coach, Women's Ice Hockey direction.
- Assist the Head Coach, Women's Ice Hockey in the recruiting process as directed.
- Coaching responsibilities in practice and match situations as determined by the Head Coach, Women's Ice Hockey.
- Administrative duties as assigned by the Head Coach, Women's Ice Hockey.
- Must adhere to all NCAA/CCC/Salve Regina University rules and regulations.
- In particular, all coaches and athletics personnel are charged with being knowledgeable of, and assuring and monitoring compliance by all student- athletes, staff and assistant coaches with applicable governing constitutions, by-laws, rules, policies, interpretations and regulations of the NCAA, the University and the Commonwealth Coast Conference. Staff members shall immediately advise the Compliance Office if there is reason to believe that violations have occurred or will occur and shall cooperate fully in any investigation of possible NCAA or Conference violations.
- High School Diploma or GED required, college coursework strongly preferred. A minimum of two years of playing or coaching experience required. Current CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills required. Must have the ability to work with traditional-aged college student population. Knowledge of Windows-based computer applications is preferred. Candidate must be committed to a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities and good citizenship both on and off the field.
- The position could, on occasion, require bending, reaching, ascending and descending stairs, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, talking, and hearing.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport