Community Nutrition Advisor III
University of Idaho
Community Nutrition Advisor III
Location: Coeur d’Alene
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $14.96 per hour
Full/Part Time: Part Time
Build partnerships and initiate collaborative programs with schools, food pantries, grocery retailers and/or community interests that represent social and environmental support systems for low income families and individuals. Educational programs developed and delivered will promote healthier food and physical activity choices for food stamp, also known as supplemental nutrition assistance program (SNAP) recipients. Support coordination of policy, systems, and environmental work and enter data for the District. This position will be based out of Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
- Experience teaching or speaking publicly in a professional environment.
- Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
- Experience cooking or preparing food, food safety and maintaining equipment/supplies.
- Must possess High School diploma, completion of high school equivalency or GED.
- Experience teaching and marketing programs with agencies that target limited resource families and working with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds.
- Experience developing marketing tools and messaging, managing projects and creating presentations and charts using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in nutrition and food resource management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Health, Health Care Studies, Social Services or a related field.
- Experience with data collection and research.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and give attention to detail and maintain accurate records.
- Possess valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position requires the ability to work occasional weekends and after regular business hours.
- Must be able to teach or otherwise provide instruction of physical activities including, but not limited to, marching, toe touches, squats, and arm reaches/lifts.
- Must be able to lift, carry, or otherwise move instructional materials weighing up to 40 lbs from vehicle to work site and from work site to vehicle.
- This position will require travel to multiple work sites in specified areas of Northern Idaho including travel for meetings and trainings.
- The University of Idaho does not provide transportation for this travel, employees must provide their own. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Posting Number: SP002603P
Posting Date: 10/09/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applicants who apply by October 26, 2020. The position may remain open until filled.
Eat Smart Idaho staff are required to maintain a professional image for the betterment of the University of Idaho and Extension by acting as an advocate of the Land Grant University and its role in Idaho, the counties and communities; complying with the UI policy on affirmative action/equal opportunity as stated in the Faculty Staff Handbook by contributing to the University of Idaho Extension and local county Extension Affirmative Action Plans.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.