Instructional Systems Administrator
Instructional Systems Administrator
Athens State University
The primary function of the Instructional Systems Administrator is to lead in the establishment, support, and maintenance of the functionality of all instructional systems used by the university. This function also includes providing technical support to university faculty, staff, and students related to the instructional systems. Additionally, the position will assist with other tasks as needed by the Athens Teaching and Learning Innovation Services (ATLIS) department.
- Manage and maintain the Athens State University instructional
* Coordinate with system vendors and the Director, ATLIS to schedule service patches, updates, and resolve system outages.
* Serve as primary system administrator on all of the university's instructional systems.
- Serve as the Tier II support for issues which deal with the
university's instructional systems.
* Work with Information Technology Services (IT) to create more efficient processes and procedures related to data integration, transfer and exchanges between the university's instructional systems and administrative systems.
* Maintain effective backups of university courses and course materials.
* Regularly develop reports that provide detailed use of system and individual tools by users
* Work with Director, ATLIS and other stakeholders to develop recommendations for policies, procedures, enhancements, improvements, new tool acquisitions.
* Create and modify strategies to increase the effective adoption and utilization of the university's instructional systems.
* Identify and prepare reports on emerging technologies and instructional systems that could assist in reaching the university's missions and goals.
* Work with Director, ATLIS to develop continuous analysis of effectiveness of current instructional systems
* Develop and maintain extensive knowledge of industry-standard alternatives to current instructional systems
- Assist in administrative tasks related to ATLIS.
* Assist the Director, ATLIS in managing relations with vendors and renewing contracts and service.
* Assist the Director, ATLIS in managing university department requirements such as AAPs, AARs, budget hearings, etc.
* Serve on university committees as needed.
- Assist in the development and modification of faculty, staff,
and student training and orientation.
- Create and nurture a cooperative and collaborative atmosphere
that emphasizes customer service and support.
* Establish consistent expectations with all customers following established service protocols and timelines for efficient and effective service delivery.
* Practice quality customer service in all interactions with the University community.
* Works toward continuous improvement of the department through efficiency and end-user empowerment in support of the University mission.
* Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope and task based on needs.
* Maintains “open door” to internal and external customers.
* Proactively engages in problem solving related to tasks in this position with internal and external people.
* Identifies opportunities for improvements to work practices and offers viable solutions for implementation.
* Routinely practices self-monitoring by assessing self to make improvements or take corrective action.
* Actively works towards building cooperative and collaborative relationships with peers and internal customers.
- Work with other ATLIS personnel to accomplish objectives,
goals, and outcomes.
* Assist in the resolution of issues arising in the Athens State University Help Desk.
* Assist in the development of proactive materials and policies related to the Help Desk.
* Assist in the development of training sessions and materials for university stakeholders.
* Assist in the development of multimedia projects.
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a computer or technology related field.
• 2 years of experience administering enterprise-wide information systems.
• Demonstrated familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
• Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
• Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
• Experience administering Blackboard LMS.
• 5 years of experience administering enterprise-wide information systems.
• Demonstrated experience in online education.
• Computer related certifications or degrees that show continuing education.
• Demonstrated experience providing customer support.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
• Ability to clearly design and develop training materials and topics.
Salary Band: P355
To view salary schedules visit: https://www.athens.edu/human-resources/salary-schedule-tables/
Salary will be Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.