Enrollment Communications Manager
University of La Verne
Enrollment Communications Manager
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Communications in the Office of Strategic Communications (OSC), the Enrollment Communications Manager will collaborate with Enrollment Management and the Office of Admission to develop, write, implement, and manage compelling electronic communications plans within the university's customer relationship management (CRM) system with the goal of helping the university achieve its enrollment targets. This includes email, SMS, print, and website content targeted at undergraduate and graduate prospective students in various levels of the recruitment funnel. The incumbent will develop data analytics and surveys to monitor the effectiveness of messages, inform strategy and tactics, and measure customer satisfaction. Strong project management skills and the ability to serve as the technical lead on communication projects are key requirements for this position.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning, and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- Create and manage CRM communication campaigns, plans, workflows, and related CRM tasks in order to achieve enrollment goals.
- Work with Admissions and Enrollment Management to identify and address communication needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Write compelling and effective admission recruitment messages.
- Create documentation and communication flow mappings of all campaigns.
- Create and edit HTML email and communication templates.
- Plan and assist with the testing of customized communications campaigns. Troubleshoot and enhance CRM daily communication procedures, workflows, and data integrity.
- Use data and surveys to measure and enhance message effectiveness and user satisfaction and to create and meet strategic goals and key performance indicators. Data points to monitor may include open rates, click through rates, survey responses, A/B tests, and web analytics. Create and distribute reports and queries.
- Coordinate with CRM administrators and developers to identify customization needs of components within the CRM.
- Be a culturally competent employee who attends/completes mandatory diversity and inclusivity trainings as provided by the university.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience in Marketing, Communications, Admissions, and Enrollment Management
- Solid writing and copy editing skills; knowledge of basic style guides such as AP and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) systems, preferably Slate, as well as basic knowledge of html.
- Ability to compile and analyze data, assess and make subsequent recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
- Ability to multitask and think critically.
- Familiarity with a higher education environment.
- Previous experience with CRM software or software that uses conditional merge and filtering functions.
- Understanding of the mission of the University of La Verne and its audiences.
- Enthusiasm for staying up to date on higher education trends and communication strategies.
- Advanced skills in Excel or data visualization platforms.
- Experience in email marketing, managing web content and analytics and reporting.
Location: La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation