Executive Assistant to the President of Champlain College
Executive Assistant to the President of Champlain College
About Champlain College:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a private, baccalaureate institution that offers professionally focused master's, bachelor's and associate's degree programs and professional certificates on campus, online and abroad. Champlain College was named the #1 "Most Innovative School" in the North in U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2016 ranking and holds steady at #14 in the overall list of "Best Regional Colleges in the North." It was listed in Princeton Review's 2015 editions of "The Best 376 Colleges" and "353 Green Colleges." Champlain is a national leader in educating students to become skilled practitioners, effective professionals and global citizens.
The College is located in picturesque Burlington, Vermont, which is consistently ranked as one of the country's most livable small cities. Burlington was recently ranked #1 by A&E Television on a list of the 10 cities that "have it all." Burlington was also ranked as one of "10 Best Cities for the Next Decade" according to Kiplinger's Personal Finance.
We encourage interested candidates to peruse our www.champlain.edu/peoplecenter website for more information about our work and cultural environment. Champlain College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition benefits, generous retirement contributions and a professional working environment.
The Executive Assistant enhances the effectiveness of the President's office and its operational responsibilities with the Board of Trustees, by providing information management support and representing the executives and campus team in a professional and positive manner to all constituencies inside and outside of the organization. This person will provide direct support for the President and is responsible for performing the various administrative duties as assigned, providing occasional assistance to Cabinet members and Trustees as needed.
Main duties include scheduling meetings, assisting with critical situations, developing communications for the department, providing time sensitive customer service, organizing daily calendars, oversite and deep understanding of assorted reports and financial data/expense reports. The person in the role will be the voice of the President's Office to external stakeholders.
Essential Functions/Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop written communications based on the intended audience
- Manage executives' calendars and set up meetings as well as coordinating logistical needs within meeting locations
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Track expenses and prepare weekly, monthly and/or quarterly reports
- Oversee the performance of other clerical staff
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory
- Format information for internal and external communication - memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings and prepare for review
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Assist with special projects and events
- Copy, file, scan, email
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Create regular reports and update internal database
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in business administration, communication, journalism, or other similar field or equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- Some previous experience in an administrative support position.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and determine the most appropriate solution
- Proficient in copy writing, editing, proofreading and composition
- Passion for the creation of positive experiences for students and staff.
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff.
- Computer skills for correspondences, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, to include Excel
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to set objectives, manage timelines and see tasks to completion
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of the organization regarding solutions and choosing the delivery most appropriate to the intended audience
- Ability to act with discretion regarding sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Must have excellent project management skills
- Must be able to perform basic data analysis
- Must be able to take meeting minutes and distribute to attendees
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions including movements of the hands, wrists, or fingers
- Ability to speak including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others
- Ability to hear including perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound
- Ability to lift objects less than 15 pounds.
- At least 24 months of previous experience in an administrative support position
- Two or more years professional experience as an executive assistant
- Previous professional experience in higher education
- Previous professional experience in Student Affairs
Supervision: May supervise student employees and/or other members of a clerical staff
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIVd -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
For more information and to apply, please go to https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=125637
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice: