Assistant/Associate Professor of Software Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT), located in the School of Computing, Engineering, and the Environment (SCEE) at St. Cloud State University, has a probationary (tenure-track) faculty opening for Fall 2021 (position may potentially start in Spring 2021). Successful candidates will have expertise to support our unique undergraduate and graduate programs in Software Engineering. The department values close student-faculty interaction and active learning. For more information:
Candidates are expected to share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission and values, especially our commitment to the holistic education of our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. Such candidate should demonstrate appreciation of the value of synergetic industrial partnerships for student preparedness for successful career and for fulfilling our commitment to stewardship of place. Such a candidate will be expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding member of the teaching faculty by using research-based, “best practice” pedagogy, by participating in alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid courses, and by regularly engaging in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth offered within the College and at St. Cloud State University.
The ideal candidate will have the credentials, expertise and leadership skills to become a leader in the software engineering programs. They will demonstrate strong abilities to forge beneficial academic and industrial partnerships. Such candidate could be hired at the rank of associate or full professor.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Teach and/or perform assignment effectively;
- Conduct scholarly achievement or research;
- Continue preparation and study in discipline;
- Contribute to student growth and development; and
- Provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B).
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) which can be found here.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to contribute to the course delivery, curriculum development, and assessment of the Software Engineering program. Course delivery may include face-to-face, online, hybrid, and hyflex approaches. Support is expected, including course assignments, for other programs offered by the department, including Computer Science and Cybersecurity. The successful candidate will be effective in the recruitment and retention of students and the development of partnerships with industry, academia and government.
The successful candidate will teach a variety of courses in the department. Teaching responsibilities will be primarily in the undergraduate and graduate program in Software Engineering.
- A PHD degree in Software Engineering or closely related area. ABD will be considered if degree will be completed before the start date
- Excellent communication skills
- Evidence of demonstrated effective teaching
- Deep appreciation of equity, diversity and inclusiveness and the ability and willingness to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Academic experience in Software Engineering
- Strong relevant industrial experience
- Experience in teaching and assessment of quality on-line courses
- Knowledge of Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) requirements
- Potential for successful collaborative and/or interdisciplinary work
- Demonstrated abilities to forge synergetic academic and industrial
- Credentials, expertise and leadership skills to become a leader in the program.
Founded in 1869, St. Cloud State is an award-winning regional public university and proud member of the Minnesota State Universities & Colleges system. The 100-acre campus is about an hour northwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul, along the oak-crowned west bank of the Mississippi River. St. Cloud State students prepare for life, work and citizenship by exploring the world around them and making it better. St. Cloud State employees value active and applied learning, community engagement, sustainability, and global and cultural understanding. These commitments complement more than 200 majors, minors and pre-professional programs, 60 graduate programs and 250 student clubs and organizations. St. Cloud State began as a normal school in 1869 and became St. Cloud State Teachers College in 1921. Bachelor’s degrees were first offered in 1925. Master’s degrees debuted in 1957. In 1975, the institution became St. Cloud State University. In recent years, the University added applied doctoral programs in Higher Education Administration and Educational Administration and Leadership. A diverse mix of students from Midwestern towns and U.S. metropolitan areas are learning alongside more than 1,000 international students from about 80 nations.
Additional information on St. Cloud State University can be found at: https://www.stcloudstate.edu
Why Work For Us
Help people achieve their educational dreams. We are looking for diverse people with passion, who are engaged, serious in the work of helping those who strive and desire a college education to achieve their goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 121.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta