Coordinator, Business Operations
Provides administrative support to the Director of Clinical Research and Early Product Development to assure continuity of operations and to fulfill various teaching, research, clinical and administrative responsibilities. Coordinate activities and provide supervision in the operation and administration of a large volume of complex decisions. Responsible for making complex administrative decisions requiring knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be pleasant, intelligent, and able to work autonomously to support the Director of Clinical Research and Early Product Development. The work is fast paced and requires significant attention-to-detail.
- Assist the Director in establishing, prioritizing, tracking goals and objectives
- Maintain credentialing and ensure documents are updated including memberships, certifications and licenses
- Maintain and update CV, teaching portfolios and publications as necessary
- Initiate check requests, cash requests, purchase orders and travel reimbursements
- Assist Director with travel arrangements
- Identify problems and effectively resolves them with appropriate independence
- Monitor absences and time off calendar for assigned group members
- Prepare, proofread and/or edit and distribute correspondence and other documents as per the Director
- Professionally answer incoming phone calls and takes detailed messages
- Serve as primary point person for procuring office supplies/equipment/furniture
- Maintain and provide assistance with the interpretation of various company reports and Baylor policy and procedures
- Maintain proficiency in software and programs used to perform job related tasks
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- One year of directly related administrative work experience
- Professional demeanor and ability to perform varied administrative tasks requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment
- Detail oriented, strong organizational, efficiency and prioritization skills
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate by email and phone with faculty, staff, and hospital liaisons
- Strong interpersonal skills desired, and must be able to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
- Ability to display a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility in accepting work assignments
- Must have as strong tolerance for ambiguity and willingness to navigate through appropriate support channels
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office (OUTLOOK, WORD, EXCEL, ADOBE ACROBAT, POWERPOINT, etc.)
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston