Research Coordinator II
The Texas Children’s Cancer and Hematology Centers (TXCH) Research Coordinator II is responsible for implementing and coordinating the day-to-day activities of clinical research protocols on the Lymphoma / Histiocytosis team. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers. Serves as a liaison between subject, investigators, sponsors and other relevant healthcare professionals who are part of the research or patient care team.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for therapeutic and non-therapeutic studies
- Performs the subject consent process for biology, procurement and registry studies
- Explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study
- Collects patient information through direct patient interviews, questionnaires and chart abstractions
- Processes documents and enters information into databases or case report forms
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol and SOPs
- Maintains study records and regulatory documents for research studies
- May schedule research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol; retrieve and submit test results to appropriate party
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party
- May correspond with internal and external patients throughout study
- Orders supplies and equipment
- May recruit, advertise, and screen for research patients
- Collaborates with study team and physicians to assist in determining patient eligibility for research protocols
- Coordinates specimen collection and submission from collaborating institutions and patients
- Prepares study-specific reports and queries for investigators and administrators
- Effectively prioritizes and manages work activities according to study protocol
- Consults with team to ensure study time-points are met
- Volunteers to assist team with overflow duties
- Seeks guidance from Clinical Research Manager for additional assignments
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Requires effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- May require experience with computer spreadsheets and database management
- May require ability to understand and implement patient studies and protocols
- Requires interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate research studies
- Prefer ability to read, write and speak Spanish
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.