Research Coordinator II
Baylor College of Medicine Department of Pediatrics, Rheumatology Service at Texas Children’s Hospital is seeking a highly motivated, responsible, and organized individual to join a research team focused on childhood arthritis and rheumatic disorders. The Research Coordinator II, will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing day-to-day activities of research protocols for the Pediatric Rheumatology- Care and Outcome Improvement Network and for the Arthritis Foundation. This includes screening, enrollment, assist with questionnaire forms, extracting data from medical records, review protocols, review study materials to ensure compliance with the IRB approved protocols and monitoring of research patients. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.