Research Coordinator I
The Epidemiology Program is the largest program devoted to pediatric cancer epidemiology in the US. The Program currently has several funded research projects focused on pediatric cancer etiology and survivorship. This position provides much-needed support to several of these projects through the following activities. Coordinating day-to-day activities of research protocols for the Epidemiology program and supporting all research efforts of the program. Daily activities include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants as well as ensuring accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants. This individual should have excellent communication skills since study participants may be recruited in person, via phone, or email. Research coordinator will also be responsible for completing all relevant study documents, maintaining research charts, providing study updates, and completing study progress reports.
- Interview, screen and recruit patients for study; explain process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Ensure research protocol objectives are being met and research activities meet institutional and regulatory standards.
- Collect patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Maintain records and regulatory documents for research studies.
- Organize study research documents following specific protocol guidelines.
- May correspond with patients throughout study. Work in a team environment with faculty and other staff members to ensure protocol objectives are being met.
- Schedule study meetings and conference calls.
- Prepare study meeting agendas, participate in meetings, and track meeting minutes/notes.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston