Senior Research Assistant
The Senior Research Assistant will develop fundamental mechanisms and processes that underlie normal behavior, as well as how defects in these processes lead to abnormal brain function. The candidates will be expected to design, screen, and characterize novel molecular tools using molecular biology and imaging methods.
- Run supervised experiments including molecular cloning and expression studies, managing and working with engineered mouse colony for targeted gene expression experiments.
- Assist the team in performing and analyzing the results of genetic manipulations.
- Maintain the functionality of the laboratory including inventory control and managing laboratory resources.
- Maintain careful research notes.
- Development of experimental protocols and techniques.
- Ensure laboratory compliance with all relevant regulations.
- Prepare weekly reports of research progress for the PI, discuss research results in group meetings, help prepare figures and write text for papers and grants
- Conduct literature reviews.
- Collect and analyze data.
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary.
- Summarize interviews.
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor.
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project.
- Manage and respond to project related email.
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials.
- Attend project meetings.
- Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary.
- Summarize project results.
- Prepare progress reports for the PI and funding agency.
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations.
- Monitor the project budget.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field.
- Experience Required: Four years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
- Expertise with molecular biology.
- Experience in molecular cloning, understand the fundamentals of mouse colony management.
- Have the ability to learn new techniques and work carefully with sensitive laboratory equipment.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston