Research Assistant I
The Research Assistant will support execution, analysis, and reporting of research in support of lab goals and grant commitments. Will be responsible for processing human samples and planning and executing experiments that use methods in molecular and cellular biology, flow cytometry, tissue culture, and others. May perform some assignments independently as discussed and approved by Principal Investigator.
- Select and determine appropriate research procedures
- Monitor results, reports unusual outcomes and suggests modifications
- Collect, enter and summarize data
- Assist in the maintenance of lab equipment and supplies
- Perform basic statistical data analysis
- Prepare tables/charts/graphs for presentation and publication
- Present at research laboratory meetings
- Conduct literature searches and summarizes information
- Contribute to writing of manuscripts
- Support the development and use of a departmental bank of biological samples
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston